At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

September

Old September: Back in the days when school did not start until after Labor Day. Now, some have been under way for a week or more. I was anxious as a child to start school. My older sister was there and I wanted to be there also. One September morning Dad was out fixing fence and I was his little helper We were between the house and the old country school, which was about a quarter of a mile total distance from the farm house and we were "working" fairly close to it. I slipped away to go to "school". When Dad looked around and I was gone, he knew exactly where to head. My sis was mortified when I walked in. One, because I was there and two, because I had been eating a peach and was quite the mess.

A nice cool morning. In the high 40's with no wind and the sun rising nicely. Suppose to get into the 80's by afternoon. I turned the refrigerator on to the defrost mode last night so there is no getting out of that chore. Will get it over as quick as possible, though.

Big Red madness starts this Saturday. The beginning of the college football season. Hopefully will get to watch a game during the season. When they are "at home" you have to have cable and it is a PPV.