At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Nice and Cool

It is starting out with a nice cool breeze but it will not last so I am enjoying it while I can.

I have no idea when J will arrive today. Hopefully by mid-afternoon. I don't plan on starting the dutch oven stuff until just before noon. I have never made Green Chili before so that should be fun!
I picked up some additional charcoal at Wallyworld. Some things I will shop "other" stores because they get hammered by WW'ds ability to buy in bulk but charcoal is one I will buy there. The difference is too huge. At the local store, I would pay $13.58 for 20 lbs. I bought 60 lbs for $14.97. Just can't turn that down.

Just Damn..J and I discussed whether to do anything social while he was here and decided not to do much except the plan. Of course, the plan includes a couple of "cold" ones while working. Now, my nephew just called and invited me to Lincoln to watch the first Nebraska Huskers football game this evening. And if that did not work for us to come to Lincoln tomorrow and he would smoke some ribs. Finally told him would have to play it by ear as I did not know when Jim would arrive. So, we may have to figure out how to do something "social" after all.