At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Excited

Talked to my oldest son (the one in OK City) yesterday and unless they are put under mandatory working on Sat., he will make the drive up for the weekend. I went ahead and finished one of the projects he was to help me with last night so now we will just have one to do. I am looking forward to it as he is coming alone. If he didn't come now, it would be some time before he would be able to so I am glad to take what I can get.

N, the son in Africa, wants me to do a pastel of a redfish. Well, I'm here to say that's a real challenge!

Late last night was suppose to call my daughter who was on a trip to Tulsa. Never did get in touch with her so hope to hook up sometime today.

Heard thunder last night but never did hear the rain. Must have been a very light shower. Still cloudy and there is distant thunder yet. Cool this morning, but due warm up into the 80's and wouldn't you know it, around 90 later on in the weekend when we are cleaning the workbench in the garage.

Took Mom to the grocery store and a little ride around town yesterday. Think she enjoys getting out a little more than just to the store. Always comments about how she use to know who lived in this house or that. There is quite a bit of developement going on here that surprises me. The population is around 1100. Two areas have new houses going up. Well, let me correct that, one aready has the houses, the other is just getting streets put in prior to opening up to house construction. But I guess considering the surrounding small towns, this is the one to live in. It has a hospital and clinic. Staffed by two young Doctors. They have an aggressive administrator that gets them equipment etc. and procedures being conducted are increasing. The rolling MRI eighteen wheeler comes weekly. Other specialy Docs come out on certain days of the week. It is an alternative for health care other that going into Lincoln unless your need big hospital facilities. Another medical clinic staffed by the Doc who has been here for years. He had planned to retire but heard that when his stocks took a downturn a year or so ago, decided to work a few more years.
There is a small Country Club with a 9 hole golf course and restaurant. One of the housing developments is on the back side of the course and the street is the Par 3. Also a small grocery store, drugstore, a couple of coffee shops, a bar that serves food also, hardware store, bank, flower shop, several different repair shops, and so on.

I still want to go back to Texas and hope I am not to use to the climate changes here. This cool mornings are so nice compared to what my friends are complaining about down south.