At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Not Bad

The football evening was not bad. I went to Lincoln a tad bit early as I feel I have to combine trips considering the price of gas. Picked up one more skein of yard for the afghan and found a pad of pastel paper that I want to try. Have had requests for fruit/veggie items in pastel and decided that would make good Christmas gifts.

Back to the football game, Nebraska did win but man, does their offense need tons of work. And once again, slippery fingers reign, as too many fumbles occurred. Their defense saved their butts.

The food at the party was good. Some chipolte dips, the baked spinach articoke dip, hot wings and other "goodies".

My nephew had offered for me to spend the night with them but I came on back to the house. Mom was relieved. He also sent some acorn squash and bell pepper back with me, just picked out of their garden. They are getting ready to put up a 30 x 40 building on their property and will have a party when it is completed. I think I am to do a dessert in a black pot whenever that occurs.
Dessert, the word I will remember how to spell. When that word came up in a spelling list along with desert, the teacher said "just remember dessert has two s's by thinking of second helpings of a favorite dessert". It worked.