At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

At least

one responded about dinner tomorrow. He did have an excuse. I had asked about his son coming along (college student) and they played telephone tag for a couple of days before he got an answer (which was no). So, will cook even if just one is coming out.

My son's GF called last night and I asked her about storms as their location is on my storm alert list. I had already received 3 email alerts about it. She said she did not pay any attention and within a minute we were cut off. She sent an email a couple of hours later when power was restored. So, she had to pay attention then. Her son gave her some grief about not having enough flashlights handy.

Will make a grocery store run today. The cake I am going to try in the DO uses a lemon cake mix, vanilla pudding and a cooked icing made with pineapple. Hmmmm. For the first time I will use the F word. There are loud, flaming debates in the DO groups about using foil. Me, I usually don't but don't care who does. This time want to remove the cake to cool properly so will make a liner and should be able to remove it much easier. Once again, the pans I would use in place of foil are in storage.

Back downstairs for the second cup of java.