At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Football Saturday

Since Mom does not have cable we will not be able to watch Big Red and Texas Tech. Last year Texas Tech whomped 'em 77 to 10. I hope the score will be closer this year but will not hold my breath. The game I will be able to watch is the Longhorns and Ok. This will be one of the few times I will be rooting for the Longhorns.

Found the cold weather solution to the coffee dilemma for now. Spring summer and fall I have had it out on the back porch. It is set to go off about 5:50 a.m. To me the grinding noise is pretty loud although Mom says it doesn't wake her up. Once the coffee is finished, the heat goes off as it is in a thermos type pot. That way it does not continue cooking and get that slimey film and it will cool down too fast with these high 20's morning. Today I brought the pot upstairs and set it on a radiator...hmmmm better be careful, it still might "cook". I suppose when it gets into the teens and below, will have to put it inside once again.