At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Small Town Life - Yuk

Small town life. I know there are many pros for it but it puts me in a pessimist mode. Yes, some are there to help but the lack of privacy is rampant and for me, out weighs the pros. On a personal level, I was asked as I mailed a package, was I selling off my Mom's stuff. Now, would anyone have asked me that at any other post office? I was so taken aback by the question that I inflicted no damage, verbal or otherwise. But, rest assured, that won't happen again. There is nothing that is not discussed in this town. Your bank balance, bills received, suicide reasons, health matters....and guess where the info comes from? The Post Office, Bank and Hospital..all up for grabs and speculation. That is one of the reasons all my personal stuff goes to my Texas address. It is a pain sometimes but certainly beats anything else.