At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Dreaded B Word

Another fun time in my "Golden Years". Bath time for Mom. The grumbles "you don't know how I hate this". (uh, yes I do, I hate it too). Getting the water temp just right. Turning the heater on when it is 80 degrees already. The squeals when it is time to wash her hair. The grips about any and every thing.

Then the look of a very frail body. Do NOT want to get that old. I go up stairs and work out with weights and/or a resistance rope. I guess that is the good thing from all of this. I DO take my calcium and work out. Of course, no weight loss yet.

The good part of today. Another shipment from Wine.com arriving. My summer stock. Finally getting to try a Spanish sparkling wine that has good reviews. I'll let you know. A couple of bottles of a white Bordeaux, Chateau Brondelie 2004 Graves. A couple of bottles of Sauvignonne Blanc. Two bottles of Veramonte 2004 Primus from Chile. The only reds in the bunch.

I have noticed a lot more screw caps on wine. Think cork is in limited supply.