At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Another Day

in dear old Nebraska. Back to hot weather. I did go uptown to check out an auction. Not too much I was interested in but planned to go back after fixing lunch for Mom. Went back but too late as all the items I was interested in had already been up for auction. Did not stay. Picked up root beer floats for me and Mom. Shot my diet but didn't care.

Found a trailer I like, sort of. The problem with any trailer is I do not have a place to leave it in San Antonio or Oklahoma City after I am done with all the dutch oven stuff. I think I would like one when I leave here. These are made at a local welding shop for primarily the farmers with irrigation and their need to haul over the gravel roads. I may talk to him about customizing one but it probably would be more that I want to spend. The other thing is being able to secure the items somewhat.

I set up the 7&1 smoker and the bulk propane tank so will be ready to smoke some ribs tomorrow. They have the rub on them already and are marinating in the frig.

Guess I need to make a grocery store run, just thought of something I need tomorrow.

Will post a picture of the "new" rig set up with the bulk propane tank.