At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Monday, July 09, 2007

A Bit about the Family Reunion

I was very pleasantly surprised. The reunion was great. Everyone had a good time, lots to eat and waaaaay to much to drink.

My ex and wife in-law showed up on one of the days and it wasn't to bad. He found new victims to monopolize and talk to, bless their hearts. Right after they arrived all the boys (sons) took off on a grocery store and booze run. Such is life.

The river in the pictures below did go down by evening and the kids got to take one last swim. Things continued on back in San Antonio for a couple of days. The Alaskan son was in Ft. Worth the last few days so I got to visit with him and his family one more evening. It was great.

Of course the bad part was heading back north. Mom is now so scared of falling that it is retarding her ability to function as before. I must change some of my attitude. Her other daughter did come for 3 whole days again because her daughter drove her out. Mom did not recognize her. That says something.