At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sunday, Sunday

I need to get cracking on some work around here, or won't be ready to head out when the weather shows I can.

Had some really good ribs at the nephews last night. He keeps trying new things with his smoker and improving. Also did a platter of mildly warm chicken wings. The drive back wasn't too bad. The eighteen wheeler traffic on I-80 was really heavy though. So I cut off ten miles of it and came in the "old" way. It is nice to have a choice.

The group Thanksgiving dinner will be held a week from today and I think Mom is rather excited about getting out for it. Will attempt to drive "her" car. I did tell them if it broke down, someone would have to come and get her right away. Everyone agreed so that is a good thing. I don't think it will, but it has only been driven around town for several years and you never know. I did have it serviced a couple of months ago so all should go fine but I do like to cover my bases!