At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Small Town Shopping

I received a call that my new wires for the DO earrings were in. I had also two other errands to run in the same town, about 18 miles from here. My first stop was at the frame shop. Discussed what I wanted. Everything was in stock and she thought she could have it ready in 30 minutes or so, if I had other places to go. I did, so all was well. Next stop, two doors down with the jeweler. Looked at the wire, agreed to the addition of a joining piece that could be soldered for safety. Be back in thirty minutes. Great. Went to a thrift store and messed around for the thirty plus minutes. Drove around the block and parked closer to the two stores. As I pulled into the parking place, the jeweler came out and lock the door. There was a sign that said, "be back in 5 minutes". OK, not too bad. Went to the framing shop, locked..LOCKED!! sign said, be back at 4 p.m.

Upshot was, got the earrings ok, but only after another wait because when I walked in, she came from the back, said they were not done but she would get right on it. Geeze, she acted like she had forgotten! I think maybe the mall is open but nobody shopping!!

When the frame shop opened at 4, no luck there. Said it would be a couple of days. Oh, well, and the other store did have the part for Mom's kitchen sink that they had ordered. Well, I guess 2 out of 3 is not too bad, but was trying to be frugal on gas and do it all in one day.